January 15, 2013 Leave a comment
Configuring a VHD for use in a Linux VM template involves the following steps:
- Create a virtual machine (or use an existing one) and install your Linux operating system.
- Install or update the latest Hyper-V Linux Integration Services
- Install the VMM Agent for Linux – the VMM Agent for Linux is a small agent that receives incoming configuration from VMM and applies the OS configuration. Following a successful VM deployment, the agent removes itself.
- To make this prepared VHD available for templates: shut down the VM, and copy the VM to a VMM Library share and refresh the VMM Library.
The steps to create a VM Template are:
- In the Library pane of the VMM console, launch Create VM Template
- Select Use an existing VM template or virtual hard disk stored in the library, click Browse, and select your template VHD