Introducing the UNIX/Linux Authoring Library for SC 2012 – Operations Manager
June 25, 2013 2 Comments
Over at the TechNet Gallery, I’ve posted a new resource I am calling the UNIX/Linux Authoring Library MP. This is an example library MP project, which features numerous Probe/Write Action and Data Source composite modules and numerous Unit Monitor Types. These modules should cover many common UNIX/Linux authoring scenarios. The library MP is provided as a sealed MP, along with the VSAE source project.
Documentation and examples for the using the Library can be found here.
Some of the key scenarios covered include:
- Discovering a UNIX/Linux application (with a shell command) as a custom Role class, and adding views for the Role.
- Process/Daemon monitoring
- WS-Man/CIM Property monitor
- Shell Command monitors
- Shell script monitors and using PowerShell scripts to parse complex output values from a shell command/script
- Collecting custom performance data
- Log file monitoring for the discovered Role and “correlated” log file monitoring (i.e. multi-line matches)
The full reference for the library MP can be found on the documentation page here.