August 18, 2011 Leave a comment
In case you missed it…
Operations Manager 2012 Beta
Operations Manager 2012 Beta is available. Exciting new features for UNIX/Linux monitoring include:
- Discovery Wizard: All new Discovery Wizard, making it easier to deploy and discover UNIX and Linux agents
- Sudo support: Privileged operations (monitoring and agent maintenance) can now be performed without root privileges by using a non-privileged credential and sudo elevation.
- SSH Key support: Agent maintenance operations (via SSH) can be authenticated with an SSH key instead of password
- High Availability for UNIX/Linux agent monitoring: Resource Pools implement highly-available UNIX/Linux monitoring with automatic failover and load distribution.
- RHEL 6 and AIX 7.1 support
Operations Manager 2007 R2 CU5
Operations Manager 2007 R2 Cumulative Update 5 is also now available. Fixes for UNIX/Linux monitoring include:
- Performance data for LVM managed volumes not available
- Process monitoring does not keep name if run by using symbolic link
- AIX with large number of running processes crashes with bad alloc
CU5 also implements RHEL 6 support for Operations Manager 2007 R2.