SCOM: Updates to the Cisco Management Pack (R2) v126.96.36.199
September 26, 2009 26 Comments
I’m hoping to finish up the SP1 version of the Cisco Management Pack pretty soon, but I’ve modified the R2 version to include several new changes. The current version: 188.8.131.52 can be downloaded here.
The changes in this version are:
- Added three new containment classes: Cisco Device Chassis, Cisco Device System Components, and Cisco Device Interfaces. These classes contain monitored objects to add an additional level of hierarchical organization.
- Added discovery of the IFAlias property for Interfaces
- Added discovery of the Hostname (OLD-CISCO-MIB) and Chassis description for the Cisco Device class.
- Updated the properties displayed by default in the Device and Interface views
- Added a rule to clean up unused XML temporary files once a day. Several of the monitors utilize temporary XML files written to the %TEMP% path. In the previous version, old files would be left on the file system if a previously monitored object was removed. This rule will remove those temporary files.
- Modified discovery intervals for some objects for more balanced timing.
- Added four new monitors for switches that implement the CISCO-STACK-MIB. The monitors are targeted at the Cisco Device Chassis class and include
- Fan Alarm
- Temperature Alarm
- Minor Alarm
- Major Alarm
With the new containment classes, the diagram view looks a lot better: